Progressive Bihar - Finally the sleeping giant is waking up

Progressive Bihar - Finally the sleeping giant is waking up
Progressive Bihar - Come support it's growth path.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tourist locations in Bihar

While looking at the list of tourist attractions in Bihar, I am always a little intrigued by the handful number of tourism locations in Bihar. Having been the seat of knowledge and the capital (Patliputra), I would assume that there are many more small, not so very famous places, which can become a tourism site in Bihar. I would like to compile a bigger list of places of tourism which can capture more of these places. So if not for others, atleast me and the other people who visit this blog or are part of the email groups, will know of additional places we can visit or talk about to our friends in coffee table discussions.

Based on whatever I have read, and the places I have visited I know of the following places.
  1. Nalanda University

  2. Mahabodhi Temple

  3. Sher Shah Mausoleum

  4. Barabar Caves

  5. Kesariya Stupa

  6. Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Public

  7. Maluti

  8. Golghar

  9. Tutla

  10. Babadham

  11. Deoghar

  12. Pawapuri

  13. Rajgir
I am talking of locations in both Bihar and Jharkhand because for me these places were always together and even today the map of Bihar that comes to my mind is the old unified map.
I have not found pictures of Tutla even though I have written to the Tourism department of Bihar and specific secretariat of Sasaram district. Maybe they also don't have it as its relatively a un-inhabited natural tourist destination recently found.

So I would like to compile a list of interesting places that can become a tourist destination and look forward to all your inputs on the same. And if you have any photos for the places you would like to suggest, then it would be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment