Some of the key things that caught my attention were
- Out of School students - The percentage of students who are not attending school dropped from 12% to 3.5%.
- Bihar saw the largest increase in literacy rate across India in the last one decade. The literacy rate in general increased by 16.82% whereas the female literacy rate increased by 20.21%
- 4712.12 KMs of road were constructed between Nov 2010 and Oct 2011 at a cost of Rs. 3478.81 Crores.
- Out of 15 micro hydro power stations (8MW) sanctioned, 7 are generating power and 8 remaining power stations will commence generation shortly.
- 30,000 elementary school teachers appointed
- 1,384 Ayush doctors appointed on contract at additional PHCs.
- 464 senior resident doctors appopinted
- 373 specialists doctors appointed.
- 154 teachers appointed in engineering colleges and state polytechnics.
- Bihar Right to Public Service Act 2011 implemented
- Tax revenues in the state was Rs. 9,869.85 Crores
- Process initiated to upgrade all PHCs (Primary Health Centers) to 30 bedded health centers.
- 4 crore people got treatment at government health facilities in 2010-11. 24 lakh people were admitted to these government health facilities in this year as compared to 7.98 lakh patients in 2007-08.
- 5.16 lakh family planning operations were carried out as compared to 1 lakh in 2005.
The copy of the report that I have got is a smaller version 4" x 6" report in the form of 88 image files. The image files were with small font and will be difficult for many people to read clearly. However, I have compiled them into a PDF format so that atleast people will be able to read the report as one document. This report is available at "Bihar Progress Report - 2011".